Many cartridge manufacturers boast of using special materials, good tips and solid bodies, etc, and not of their superior conception, that is, of the rationale for their cartridges’ design and construction.
Experience indicates that the Puritas will continually improve over a minimum of forty (40) hours of playing time, reaching a level of performance well beyond its initial one, and we believe well beyond that of most MC phono cartridges.
STRUCTURE MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE
First, every LP record master is engraved using an LP cutting lathe’s cutter head. The Puritas moving coil(MC) cartridge is designed to reproduce music via a mechanism that emulates the LP cutting lathe’s cutter head, of course, however, with a diamond stylus that tracks the record grooves’ faces, rather than with a diamond chisel for cutting the grooves into the vinyl.
Second, the Puritas has two separate hollow polycarbonate bobbins, as opposed to one bobbin designed as an iron square or cross-block.
Third, iron is about nine times heavier than poly carbonate, so a conventional iron bobbin reacts with far less agility to the musical grooves of a vinyl record than one made of hollow polycarbonate.
Fourth, as a cantilever moves along the vinyl’s grooves, it needs a pivot. Conventional MC cartridges’ coils are located near the pivot because of their heavy moving mass. Because of its lighter moving mass, relative to conventional MC cartridges, the Allnic Puritas’s coils are nearer to the diamond stylus. The result for the Puritas is increased coil vibration capability and, therefore, more detailed audio reproduction.
The Puritas also features:
- solid aluminium body
- solid boron cantilever ($5500) or solid aluminium cantilever ($3900)
- zinc mounting plate
- MicroRidge stylus
- Output Voltage: 0.3mV 1KHz / 7cm/s
- Impedance: 18ohms
- Compliance: 7 X 10-6 dyn / cm (100Hz)
- Tracking Force: Suggested minimum 2.1 grams (+/-0.2 gram) varies by altitude; use this as a guide only
- Channel Separation: 30dB above
- Channel Balance: Within 0.2dB
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 30 KHz
- Cantilever: Solid Boron, 0.28 mm diameter
- Stylus: MicroRidge nude diamond
- Cartridge Weight: 11 grams